Director of People and Culture
FireSeeds Columbus, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FireSeeds is the recruiting firm partnered with Chick-fil-A Polaris Fashion Place Mall. You are applying to the Director of People and Culture role with Chick-fil-A.
Chick-fil-A Polaris Fashion Place Mall is lead by an Owner/Operator who has been with the brand for over 10 years. He started his Chick-fil-A journey in high school and worked his way up to becoming an Owner/Operator in 2018. He married his high school sweetheart who also worked at Chick-fil-A and has continued to have an influence at his store. They are excited to be back in Ohio, near family, leading a team of 35, but even more excited to open a stand alone location in Reynoldsburg, where his team will more than double in size. The Owner/Operator loves developing his staff into better versions of themselves by consistently challenging his team to learn, grow, and succeed both personally and professionally while impacting results and building strong relationships. Their core values consist of connecting with their guests, achieving more than is expected, respecting each other, establishing a legacy, and seeking feedback (C.A.R.E.S.). He strives to create an environment where everyone feels cared for and enjoys coming to work to produce crave-able food for their guests.
Do you love working with people? Are you a servant leader? Chick-fil-A Polaris Fashion Place Mall is looking for a high-caliber, self-driven and motivated leader who is a strong relationship builder to be their next Director of People and Culture. After working independently at Polaris Fashion Place mall with only 35 employees, this individual will oversee a team of 7 and be responsible for hiring, training, onboarding, and developing over 200 team members for the new store in Reynoldsburg. First, this leader will learn all aspects of Chick-fil-A, so he/she can understand each facet of the business and begin leading, developing, mentoring, hiring, and onboarding new team members. This leader must have high emotional intelligence, the ability to build strong relationships, grit, energy, attention to detail, and a strong passion to see others succeed. This leader will also spend time side by side with team members in the operation looking for areas of improvement. The Director of People and Culture will have a high-level of responsibility going from 35 to 200 team members and must have a passion for developing individuals and seeing them thrive. Join this dynamic team and help lead a thriving business with one of the fastest-growing brands in the nation, Chick-fil-A!
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Source and recruit talent – develop a long-term recruitment pipeline and process
- Oversee onboarding
- Train, coach, evaluate and develop leaders – consistent and formal accountability and feedback
- Complete compliance paperwork
- Assess team morale
- Celebrate employees
- Process payroll
- Maintain a strong culture through influence, building strong relationships, and evaluating employees
- Organize and maintain employee files (ensure legal compliance – state, DOL, etc.)
- Implement retention survey to measure culture
- Implement new employee survey to measure training and onboarding program
- Work alongside team in the operation to determine team strengths and weaknesses
- Communicate consistently, clearly, and kindly
- Bachelors degree required (psychology, organizational leadership, HR preferred)
- 2-3 years experience in human resources
- Ideally sourcing hourly workers in the restaurant and hotel industries
- Proficient in a personality assessment (Myers Briggs, Predictive Index, DISC, Enneagram, etc)
- Experience building a healthy culture and team
- Desire to care for others. Strong relationship builder
- Professional in appearance, communication, and actions
- Passion for people and providing world class service
- Servant-hearted, respectful, honest, trustworthy, team mentality
- Ability to motivate others and create structure
- Monday – Saturday availability | 45 hours/week | Sundays + one other weekday off
- Anticipated schedule: opening, closing, and mid shifts each month
- Typically: 5, 8-10 hour days
- Anticipated schedule: opening, closing, and mid shifts each month
- Overview: The Director of People and Culture will initially learn the systems of the business to more quickly begin to influence the team. He/she will then learn all of the basics of the business to be able to train others in the operations. He/she will push team members to be their best while delivering excellent customer service. He/she will wear multiple hats and have his/her hand in overseeing the growth and development of the team through developing a strong recruiting strategy to ensure all employees are meeting/exceeding Chick-fil-A’s high standards.
Easy 1-Click Apply (FIRESEEDS) Director of People and Culture job in Columbus, OH. View job description, responsibilities and qualifications. See if you qualify!
Do you want to work hard amongst a superior culture? Are you detailed-oriented, love figuring things out, and good at managing projects and people? Franklin Creative Solutions is seeking a Catalog Manager who is a high-level thinker, resourceful, persistent, and has strong initiative. This is an incredible opportunity for the right multiplying leader who has a passion to have their hand in making the best business optimized office supply catalog on earth. The first year will be a challenge as this leader will need to work autonomously to create a catalog of industry-unique SKUs, build a strong team, and add the best value per dollar for each of their products. The Catalog Manager must be persistent in gathering information from multiple wholesalers, manufacturers, and factories to determining the best quality of products while optimizing value with functionality. This leader will need to communicate well by developing strong relationships with manufacturers and factories in the United States and abroad. As the Catalog Manager, there is endless opportunity for growth, as this will be a continuous process looking for new SKUs, new manufacturers/wholesalers to improve the quality of the products while optimizing value per dollar for their customers.
The goal of the Catalog Manager will include building out a catalog department by sourcing new products, hiring a team, interacting with factories and manufacturers in the United States and overseas, developing a foreign team, developing a template to gather and input data and select a SKU mix that is optimized for value per dollar. This position will have significant interaction with the CEO and IT Team to build a B2B Catalog.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build a B2B business supplies catalog to meet customer requirements
- Buy samples from wholesalers/manufacturers/competitors
- Determine SKUs that minimize cost and maximize value to select an optimized SKU mix
- Build a database of SKUs to be used internally for the SKU mapping software to improve search engine and sales tools
- Input data in excel spreadsheets
- Build and cultivate relationships with wholesalers, factories, and manufacturers – develop a global network
- Build and manage the catalog team
- Build a foreign catalog listing team
- Determine best quality products with preferred gross profit margin
- Work with IT Team to build and manage internal product database
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred
- 5 years of catalog management or product management experience with major retail brand
- 1-5 years of management experience
- Experience building and developing a team
- Experience testing products and selecting SKUs preferred
- Experience working with foreign factories preferred
- Contracting experience preferred
- Experience/interest in e-commerce preferred
- Office supply/business supply industry a plus
- Ability to work autonomously under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Engaging and strategic communicator
- Strong negotiator
- Tech Savvy
- Looking for someone who meets the following criteria: creative, detail-oriented, positive, people-focused, self-starter, organized, multi-tasker, resilient, resourceful and persistent
DAY IN THE LIFE/SCHEDULE
Monday – Friday | 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM | 40 hours per week on average
Find paid internships, part-time jobs and entry-level opportunities at thousands of startups and Fortune 500s. Use our resources for tips on interviews, resumes, cover letters and more.