Although Delaware historically doesn’t have the most friendly marijuana laws, there are still options for purchasing CBD oil online. Wondering where to buy CBD oil in Delaware? Whether you're in Wilmington, Dover, or even Newark, you're in luck! Pure Craft CBD offers CBD Oil 1000mg & 2000mg flavored CBD tinctures, CBD Gummy Bears, CBD Oil for Dogs and more! Discover Pure Craft CBD PURE CRAFT BLOG
Where to Buy CBD Oil in Delaware in 2022
If you are trying to find the best deals on legal CBD oil in Delaware, this is the article for you.
Although Delaware historically doesn’t have the most friendly marijuana laws, there are still options for purchasing CBD oil online and in-store.
It’s usually easiest to shop for your products online rather than driving around town from store to store. You can find many of the same products online that you would find locally but the deals are often much better.
Shopping online also allows you to research the products quickly, which is important. The laws in Delaware regarding CBD oil can change significantly depending on how the CBD oil was made.
3. Most Hemp-Derived Cannabinoids Legal | Δ8, Δ9, and Δ10 Illegal | Marijuana Medical Use Only
Table of Contents
Buy CBD Oil in Delaware:
- Royal CBD Oil— Best CBD Oil Overall
- Gold Bee CBD Gummies— Best CBD Gummies
- CBDistillery THC-Free Pure CBD Oil— Best CBD Isolate Oil
- Industrial Hemp Farms— Best CBD Flower
- Honest Paws CBD Oil For Dogs— Best CBD Oil For Dogs
Is CBD Legal in Delaware in 2022?
Yes, CBD oil is legal to purchase in Delaware, but you need to be aware of the law to avoid any trouble with the authorities.
Depending on whether or not your CBD oil contains THC, the legal circumstances can change.
Industrial hemp products are treated differently than those derived from flowering marijuana plants.
Luckily for those of you who are looking to buy CBD oil in Delaware, this small change means that industrial hemp extracts are completely legal.
CBD oil derived from industrial hemp doesn’t typically contain enough THC (legally less than 0.3%) to get the user high. Using these products will get you all the benefits of CBD without the buzz.
You can find CBD oil in many different forms. It can be purchased as a tincture, cream, balm, wax, vape juice, and there are even products available for your pets.
Whether you decide to pick up your products online or in-store, there are a few things you should do to protect yourself from sketchy companies.
Read our guide below for finding quality CBD oils from a trustworthy supplier.
Let’s examine the Delaware law regarding medical marijuana to see if you may be eligible to purchase CBD oil with a higher THC content.
Is Marijuana Legal in Delaware in 2022?
Marijuana is only legal for medical purposes in Delaware. The state has also decriminalized marijuana.
In 2015, HB 39 decriminalized small amounts of marijuana, making possession of less than 6.2 ounces a misdemeanor and less than 1 ounce a civil infraction.
In 2021, Delaware considered HB 150, which would have legalized recreational marijuana up to an ounce for anyone over 21.
In 2011, Delaware became the 16th state to legalize the use of medical marijuana.
Under the Delaware Medical Marijuana Act, residents of Delaware may apply for a medical marijuana license with the recommendation of a physician.
Additionally, you will need to pay a one-time $125 application fee and prove that you have an eligible condition.
Eligible medical conditions for medical marijuana in Delaware:
- Decompensated Cirrhosis
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
- Severe/debilitating pain that has not responded to previously prescribed medication or surgical measures for more than three months or for which other treatment options produced serious side effects
- Severe nausea
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Terminal illness
Strangely, this law doesn’t prevent an arrest for marijuana possession. It simply provides a legal defense if prosecuted.
If you are arrested for possession while holding a medical marijuana license, you may have a legal defense if you can satisfy the following conditions:
- You were in possession of no more than six ounces of marijuana and no plants.
- You possessed marijuana solely to treat or alleviate the patient’s severe or debilitating medical condition.
- Your physician has stated that you are likely to receive therapeutic benefit from marijuana to treat or alleviate your serious or debilitating medical condition.
- You didn’t possess marijuana on school grounds, on a school bus, in state-funded health care or treatment facility
- You weren’t smoking marijuana in a public place or in any form of transportation.
If you are under the age of 18, you may be able to apply for a medical marijuana license if you are suffering from one or more of the following conditions:
- Intractable epilepsy
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition where they have failed treatment involving one or more of the following symptoms
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Intractable nausea
- Severe, painful and persistent muscle spasms
Delaware recently passed “Rylie’s Law”, which permits caregivers to administer CBD oil to children with debilitating health conditions on school buses and school grounds.
Once you have obtained a medical marijuana license, you may be able to legally purchase CBD oil products through a local dispensary or easily find them online.
If you aren’t able to get a medical marijuana license, don’t worry. You can still legally purchase your favorite industrial hemp products online and in-state.
How to Buy CBD Oil in Delaware
As the laws and regulations around CBD evolve, it can be difficult to find quality products at a good price.
Some companies are advertising CBD oil as a miracle drug or selling items that contain significantly less CBD than they should.
Follow these simple steps to protect yourself against sketchy companies.
- Always ensure that the CBD oils you purchase are double-checked by a third-party lab. These labs can test for unwanted chemicals or heavy metals and make sure the CBD content matches what the company is advertising.
- Another good sign is if the company’s industrial-hemp products manufactured using the CO2 extraction method. Producing CBD oil by CO2 extraction doesn’t require any additional solvents or heat. This means that your CBD will be pure and potent.
- Above everything else, make sure the company you choose doesn’t make wild claims about the potential of CBD. If a company is claiming that their product cures cancer, it’s a very good sign that they should be avoided. CBD oils have many health benefits, but they are not a miracle drug.
If you follow the advice above, you’re on the right track to finding a trustworthy source for your CBD needs. This advice applies to any product sold online or in-store.
Purchasing CBD oil online is by far the most convenient method in Delaware. It allows you to choose and compare many different products within a matter of minutes.
Why leave the comfort of your own home when you can get quality CBD products delivered straight to your door?
Another benefit of online stores is they often allow you to take advantage of bulk discounts or special offers that local shops wouldn’t be able to match.
Most importantly, shopping online gives you valuable information about the companies and products they offer that may be difficult to obtain in a local shop.
Driving from store to store to compare products takes time. If you are more comfortable shopping in person, there may be a local retailer with CBD oil near you.
Take a look at our list below for stores in Delaware that can help you.
Local Stores in Delaware
Delaware does have a limited number of dispensaries that can help those with medical marijuana licenses.
If you don’t have a medical marijuana license, you will have to see if your local vape stores, head shops, and natural health retail outlets carry industrial hemp products.
There are hundreds of products available in-stores. Remember to double-check the source of your CBD oil so that you know your CBD oil is legal.
Follow the advice above to make sure you are getting a quality product.
What Is CBD Oil? Why Is It So Popular?
In the United States, CBD oil is a brand new and exploding industry. In 2017, over $190 million worth of CBD oil products were sold. There is a huge market for CBD oil as a health supplement.
Many states have been changing their marijuana laws. As of November 2018, 33 states have successfully implemented medical marijuana programs, and eleven have legalized marijuana for recreational use.
People slowly realize that marijuana products don’t cause “reefer madness” and it has many different medical applications.
CBD is a chemical compound found in marijuana and hemp plants that has several health benefits. It has been shown to treat seizures, inflammation, pain, and anxiety.
It can be extracted from both flowering marijuana plants and industrial hemp plants; this is an important distinction because the law views the two products differently.
CBD oil extracted from flowering marijuana plants contains higher levels of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol); this is the chemical in marijuana that causes the user to feel high.
On the other hand, Industrial-hemp derived CBD oil contains very little THC (usually no more than 0.3%) and therefore doesn’t cause the high usually associated with marijuana.
This means that you can take advantage of all the health benefits of CBD oil without getting stoned.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Delaware 2022?
Delta 8 THC is not legal in Delaware.
The cannabinoid could be beneficial for many people, considering its similarities to delta 9 (THC), but many states have banned it.
It’s an isomer of THC, so it acts in much the same way, but it’s far less potent. Yet still strong enough to make you high.
Buying Delta 8 THC
If you live in Delaware, you can’t buy it.
But if you could, we would tell you to shop for it the same way we tell you to shop for CBD: carefully. Third-party tests are your best friend, and they’ll tell you all you need (but still make sure everything else checks out).
If you go somewhere that allows delta 8, choose one of these three vendors for the most potent products:
Maybe someday soon you’ll need this information, so just remember to buy safely.
Where to Buy CBD Oil in Delaware? Hemp Oil Laws & Legality (2022)
Although Delaware does not have a reputation as the most cannabis-friendly state in the U.S., it’s actually among the most progressive states regarding marijuana legalization and a fast-growing market for CBD products.
In fact, the state has recently passed comprehensive medical marijuana legislation. With the recent decriminalization of marijuana, possession of small amounts of marijuana is legal. Many people believe Delaware will be one of the next states to legalize the recreational use of cannabis for adults completely.
Looking for the best place to buy CBD oil in Delaware? Here is a comprehensive guide on the legality of CBD in the state, as well as a list of places where you can buy this plant-derived supplement.
Update: We no longer recommend purchasing CBD oil locally due to contaminated and untested CBD oils being sold in Delaware stores.
If you are interested in learning more, read our guide on buying CBD near you.
We have compiled a list of the best pure CBD oils available for purchase legally in Delaware below to save you time.
Where to Buy CBD Oil in Delaware?
As mentioned before, the CBD market is rapidly growing in Delaware, and since all hemp-based CBD products are fully legal, you can buy CBD oil in both retail shops and via online stores. In the most popular Delaware cities, you shouldn’t have problems finding a reputable retailer, but if you want to have unlimited access to a wide range of products at the best prices – consider looking for CBD oil online, where you can find a whole new world of CBD-infused products.
Buying CBD Oil Online in Delaware
If you don’t live anywhere near a good retail store with CBD products, you can easily find a CBD oil store online, which is actually a great choice considering online retailers have a greater variety of CBD-based products to choose from.
Although finding the right manufacturer with limited information on the quality, reviews, and third-party lab testing results in a physical store may seem difficult, many companies provide quality CBD oils online that have been very well verified by the CBD community. Want always to end up happy with your purchase? Check out this guide to find out everything you need to know about shopping for CBD oil online.
One of the biggest advantages of buying CBD oil online is that you can easily find attractive wholesale deals. They might prove invaluable when you buy CBD oil in bulk. So, the next time you can’t decide whether to shop for CBD somewhere near you or online, keep that little thing in mind.
Royal CBD – Full Spectrum
- Rated #1 for overall
- Highest quality hemp oil on our list
- 100% organic, free of pesticides and artificial ingredients
- Established brand with 24/7 customer support
- 30-day 100% money-back guarantee
- Sourced from US-grown organic hemp
- Contains full-spectrum CBD
- Up to 80 mg CBD/mL
- Great potency range for beginners
- Third-party tested for potency and purity
- Great kiwi-honey flavor
Is CBD Oil Legal in Delaware?
Long story short: yes, you can legally buy CBD oil in Delaware. However, depending on the source of the cannabinoid, the legal status may change. As you may already know, CBD oil can be derived either from hemp or marijuana.
Marijuana CBD Oil in Delaware
Since 2011, under The Delaware Medical Marijuana Act (Senate Bill 17), medical marijuana is legal for patients with an identification card and written certification from a physician. Once a patient has the documents, these should be sent to the Department of Health and Social Services to buy medical marijuana legally.
Moreover, if you’re a medical marijuana patient, you can legally possess up to 6 ounces of cannabis, but you can’t purchase more than 3 ounces of medical marijuana over a two-week period.
As for the legality of marijuana-based CBD oil in Delaware, since 2015, these oils are legal for both adults and minors under 18. However, it is recommended for minors who are medical marijuana patients to use marijuana-based oil with at least 15% of CBD and no more than 7% of THC.
Additionally, Senate Bill 181, signed into law in 2016 by Gov. Jack Markell, allows minors to use their medical marijuana while on school grounds.
Hemp CBD Oil in Delaware
Following the Farm Bill of 2018, all hemp-derived products are completely legal. Thus, hemp-derived CBD oil falls under the same commerce regulations and importation as other hemp-based products. Although individual state laws in the U.S. are fluid and dynamic, which means the states may enact their own laws regarding hemp-based products, buying CBD oil in Delaware is federally legal. No state legislation has been enacted to change the legal status of hemp-derived CBD products.
Where to Buy CBD Oil Locally in Delaware?
With the growing popularity of CBD products in the U.S., there are more and more places you can purchase CBD oil in Delaware. However, it’s not always easy to find a reputable source of your medicine, which is why we’ve prepared a list of top-notch CBD oil shops you can find in the state.
CBD Oil Shops in Wilmington
Name Address VapeEscape 5321 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19803 The Vape Saloon 1616 W Newport Pike, Wilmington, DE 19804 First State Compassion Center 37 Germay Dr, Wilmington, DE 19804
CBD Oil Shops in Philadelphia
Name Address Phoenixville Smoke Shop 245 Bridge St, Phoenixville, PA 19460 Holy Smokes | Not Your Typical Vape & Smoke Shop 203 S Juniper St, Philadelphia, PA 19107 Vapor Central @ Holy Smokes | Not Your Typical Vape & Smoke Shop 1619 Grant Ave #30, Philadelphia, PA 19115
CBD Oil Shops in New Jersey
Name Address Vapormaker 5400 N Black Horse Pike, Turnersville, NJ 08012 Vape 93 6 E Holly Ave, Pitman, NJ 08071 EarthE CBD 231 Chambersbridge Rd, Brick, NJ 08723
CBD Oil Shops in Dover
Name Address Maxed Out Vape 529 S Red Haven Ln, Dover, DE 19901 First State Vape LLC 470 N Dupont Hwy, Dover, DE 19901 Puffster 115 Loockerman St, Dover, DE 19904
CBD Oil Shops in Newark
Name Address VapeEscape 1834 Capitol Trail, Newark, DE 19711
Final Thoughts on Buying CBD Oil in Delaware
Although the CBD oil market in Delaware is rapidly growing, we don’t have a CBD retailer on every corner yet. Thus, with the legality of hemp-based CBD products in the U.S., you can easily buy your CBD oil online, which is not only more convenient but also easier and more cost-effective than looking for one locally. Plus, most manufacturers ship their products to all 50 states in the U.S. That being said, you can easily find your desirable hemp-based product online and enjoy some wholesale deals available online!
Nina created CFAH.org following the birth of her second child. She was a science and math teacher for 6 years prior to becoming a parent — teaching in schools in White Plains, New York and later in Paterson, New Jersey.
Is CBD Legal in Delaware? (2022 CBD Laws)
Delaware may be the second smallest state in the Union, but it’s big on history, nature, industry, and more. And great news, you can enjoy all Delaware has to offer plus CBD — as long as it meets certain requirements.
Since recreational marijuana isn’t yet legal in The First State, CBD has to be made from industrial hemp and can’t contain more than 0.3% THC. Possession of small amounts of cannabis has been decriminalized.
Those with a medical marijuana card can legally buy and use marijuana and medicinal CBD in Delaware. The state’s mighty specific about how much THC and CBD can be in medicinal CBD. There’s even a CBD-rich card option for those with qualifying conditions and a doctor’s recommendation.
Delaware CBD Laws At A Glance
When it comes to CBD in Delaware, here are the big points you need to know:
• Hemp-derived CBD with up to 0.3% THC is legal.
• You can buy CBD at a number of retail outlets or online.
• Medical marijuana including medicinal CBD is legal for patients with a medical marijuana card.
• Medicinal CBD must contain at least 15% CBD. If a dilution, it must contain at least 50 mg CBD per ml. In both cases, THC content can’t exceed 7%.
• Medical marijuana cardholders may purchase three ounces of usable marijuana every 14 days.
• The maximum penalty for up to 1 ounce of marijuana is $100. There isn’t a defined comparable fine for marijuana-derived products such as CBD.
Is CBD Legal in Delaware?
Looking to savor some CBD? You’re good to go in Delaware, so long as it doesn’t exceed 0.3% THC content. If you have a qualifying medical condition, you can seek out a doctor’s recommendation and apply for one of three cards available through the state’s medical marijuana program.
Overall, Delaware is fairly cannabis-friendly, with room to get friendlier. The most you’ll get for possessing small amounts of marijuana is a small fine. Recreational marijuana has been up for serious discussion among legislators.
As the first state to ratify the constitution in 1787, DE’s no stranger to signing things into fruition. Here are some of the cannabis-focused laws it’s signed since then:
- In 2011, the Delaware Medical Marijuana Act (SB 17) was signed into law. CBD oil and marijuana-derived products are included in the act. It states that patients with debilitating medical conditions can get a doctor’s okay to apply for a card and get marijuana from a registered compassion center.
- Marijuana was decriminalized in 2015 through HB 39. Under the bill, possession of up to 1 ounce of marijuana is punishable by a fine of up to $100. The penalty increases to a felony offence for possession of over 175 grams.
- With the passing of HB 181 in 2016, also known as Riley’s Law, pediatric patients could be administered medical marijuana oil by caregivers on school property.
- Delaware’s Hemp Pilot Program was made possible after SB 266 was signed into law in 2018. It allows for the cultivation of industrial hemp, and was passed in preparation for the 2018 Farm Bill. (Way to be proactive, Delaware!)
- In 2019, SB 170 amended the Medical Marijuana Act to include regulations on medicinal CBD. It also formed a new medical cannabis card, the CBD-rich card, and added anxiety to the list of qualifying conditions for CBD-rich cards. The bill was amended in 2020 to specify THC and CBD content requirements for medicinal CBD products. And, a new compassionate care card was added in 2020 for patients whose debilitating conditions aren’t on the qualifying list with a doctor’s recommendation.
Can You Legally Buy CBD Products In Delaware?
Great news! CBD is widely welcome in Delaware. This means CBD is available at physical establishments as well as virtual shops. All you have to do is decide whether you want to head to the nearest CBD retailer or place an order online. Isn’t that awesome?
Purchase CBD At Brick & Mortar Stores
You’re likely to find CBD locally in Delaware thanks to its CBD-friendly laws. Convenience stores, pharmacies, health food stores and more stock ingestible, edible, and topical CBD products. Look for stores with helpful team members who are well-educated in their CBD selection.
Buy CBD Online
Just because CBD is in reach for Delawareans doesn’t mean you want to — well — reach. If a few clicks of the keyboard is more your speed or you just want options, online shopping is your CBD BFF.
You can safely buy high-quality CBD products online from Pure Craft. In fact, here are some CBD products that’re popular near you: