What’s the Best Cannabis Seed Bank in America? I’m currently ordering seeds from Seed Supreme. I’ve been happy with my experiences with them so far (as of September 2021). They ship out of Definitive list of the best marijuana seed banks 2022. Buy cannabis seeds online at the best seed banks that ship to USA.
What’s the Best Cannabis Seed Bank in America?
I’m currently ordering seeds from Seed Supreme. I’ve been happy with my experiences with them so far (as of September 2021). They ship out of southern California and provide delivery tracking. Orders seem to arrive in the US in under 2 weeks for most states. They have a bulk seed page for commercial growers. Insider tip: they don’t list all their payment options on the front of the website – go to checkout and you’ll often see additional payment options.
Here is their list of American genetics they have developed and stabilized in-house. I’ve found their strains to be above-average when it comes to potency and sparkle. I like that they publish growing information about each strain in addition to the bud effects. I’ve never really seen that from a seed bank before. Whether you’re a home grower or a commercial grower, that can make a huge difference because it helps you properly plan your grow with plants that play well together.
Their Blueberry strain has top-shelf looks and smell with classic effects reminiscent of 90s buds but stronger. Easy to grow.
Their version of White Widow is something special. MUCH more potent than regular White Widow. The buds tested between 24-26% THC. Don’t plan to do anything else that day
Their Platinum Cookies tests at up to 28% THC and and produces buds with quintessentially “American” looks and smell. The mental and physical effects are captivating but may be too intense for most beginners.
Other notable strains
is a good choice for commercial growers with high THC up to 30%, big yields, and a short flowering time. is a potent Sativa hybrid with great yields and uplifting unique mental effects is an autoflowering strain that produces photoperiod-quality buds in about 70 days from seed to harvest.
Now that that’s out of the way, continue on to the rest of the article…
Sirius and I have been ordering cannabis seeds online since 2010, and we maintain a list of the seed banks that we use the most. Most seed banks we’ve used and recommended are located in the U.K., Netherlands, or Spain. In fact, until recently, these 3 countries in Europe contained nearly all the big cannabis seed banks in the world. Weed isn’t legal to grow in those countries, but they have specific laws or loopholes that make it easier to run a seed bank.
Now that recreational use and home cultivation has been legalized for adults in Canada, seed banks are getting established there, too.
Yet isn’t cannabis cultivation legal in several U.S. states? Where are the American seed banks?
American-bred strains tend to be “high” on sparkle
There is a huge thriving cannabis market in parts of the U.S. and American breeders are developing world-famous cannabis strains. Where can you buy the genetics? What’s the best American seed bank? And why is it so hard to find current information about online seed banks in America?
The problem has to do with the American federal government and the current legal status of cannabis. Marijuana and derivatives (including seeds) are considered a Schedule 1 drug with essentially no accepted legal use. This makes it hard if not impossible for a seed bank to run in the U.S. the way they do in the U.K., the Netherlands, Spain, or Canada (which have legal loopholes or full-on legalization).
Where can you buy cannabis seeds in the United States?
American strains often come and go. I purchased seeds for the following buds last summer and harvested the plant 4 months later. When I tried to buy more seeds, the breeder and seed company had already disappeared. This isn’t unusual.
What’s the Problem with American Seed Sources?
- American Seed Banks Disappear – I order seeds every few months, yet when I’ve ordered from an American seed source, the company is often gone by the time I’m ready to order my next set of seeds. Although cannabis cultivation has been legalized in some states, the federal government (which considers cannabis and seeds a Schedule 1 drug) has jurisdiction over the mail. That means getting caught sending seeds through the mail comes with harsh legal penalties for the sellers. As a result, American seed companies regularly get spooked and shut down or just disappear without a trace or explanation. Enforcement against selling seeds is less strict in certain countries like the Netherlands, the U.K., and Spain. In fact, in some jurisdictions in those countries, the laws are surprisingly tolerant of seed banks. Similar exceptions and special rules have not been carved out in the United States. It’s due to lack of local regulation that many (if not most) of the longest-running seed banks are located in the Netherlands, the U.K., or Spain. Now that Canada has legalized growing for adults, seed banks are starting to get well-established there, too.
- Refuse to Accept Debit or Credit Cards – American seedbanks often only take Bitcoin, certified checks, money orders, Venmo, Cashapp, or cash. Unfortunately, those payment options leave you without recourse if the seeds don’t show up. It’s easy to get scammed when paying in cash. Why won’t American seed banks accept debit, credit, or bank drafts? One reason is cannabis companies lack access to banking in America (again due to the federal legal status). In fact, many cannabis operations and dispensaries are run almost completely in cash. This makes it difficult for them to take non-cash payments. The bigger the company, the harder it gets to fly under the radar. When an American seed bank offers something convenient like Paypal, credit card, or bank drafts, they’re shut down quickly once they get popular. Although European seed banks do occasionally lose payment options, there is usually an option for credit/debit card or bank drafts.
- Strain Quality is More Variable – While European seed companies have been competing for customers since the 1980s (and earlier), most American seed sources were only established in the last few years. As a result of fly-by-night breeders and little competition, many seeds ordered from American sources produce unreliable results. There are trustworthy American breeders, but they’re often listed right next to unknown and questionable breeders that sell crosses that were randomly slapped together. Yields, potency, and growth rates may be poor, even if you do everything right. There’s little curation of breeders and stabilized strains in American Seed Banks like with the established European seed sources. You have to do your own research to avoid bad breeders.
- American Genetics Are Available Overseas – European breeders have been steadily importing and stabilizing popular American strains. Many strains have been developed by trustworthy breeders with 100% American genetics, especially in the last few years. That means you can get American genetics from a more consistent and trustworthy source that takes non-cash payments.
Girl Scout Cookies is a popular American strain
Hand-picked American genetics available as stabilized strains from established seed banks that are available in Europe.
by Garden of Green by Barney’s Farm Seeds by Rare Dankness by Barney’s Farm Seeds by Humboldt Seed Company by Humboldt Seed Company by Barney’s Farm Seeds by Barney’s Farm Seeds by Seedsman by Seedsman by The Plug by Barney’s Farm Seeds by Rare Dankness (non-feminized) by Cali Connection by Lineage Genetics by Royal Queen Seeds
Breeders based in the United States that are available in Europe (Their strains are in high demand and often sold out, but they are restocked regularly so keep checking back)
(California) (California) (California) (California) (Colorado)
European Seed Banks
European seed banks have some benefits over American seed banks:
- Cheaper – American genetics can get expensive. Strains from American breeders often cost a lot more than European strains of similar quality, even if they’re using the same genetics.
- Established European seed banks rarely disappear – Seed companies are well established in Europe, and are often located in countries that look the other way. That means European seed banks almost never close down, while seed banks in America regularly vanish. You never know if they got in trouble or just stopped selling seeds. If you happened to make an order right before a seed bank closes down, you may never get your seeds even if they were a legitimate company.
- Consistency – European breeders have been around a while and are specialists at consistency. When you buy seeds that claim the plant will stay short, smell a certain way, have a specific potency, etc, you almost always get what the breeder said. Yields and growth rates tend to be better overall. In America, you often order a pack of seeds and every single plant comes out totally different with variable quality.
Tangerine Dream has been described as a “citrus fruit fantasy”
Ok, I got it. But what are the advantages of ordering from an American seed bank?
American Seed Banks Have Advantages for U.S. residents:
- Much faster shipping – One of the main things American seed banks can offer to American growers is seeds show up fast. Since seeds don’t have to get imported or exported, they often appear in just a few days. When I order from Europe, seeds can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to arrive. When I order from US-based Seed Supreme, seeds usually arrive in under 2 weeks.
- Delivery tracking – Although many European banks offer delivery tracking, it isn’t very accurate or helpful for Americans since the package is originating in another country. An American seed bank will give you tracking with USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc that lets you more accurately see where seeds are and know which day to expect them.
- Sparkly, Smelly Genetics – Although European breeders are regularly incorporating popular American genetics in their new strains, the truth is that American breeders tend to select for different things. For example, in general, American breeders seem to focus on sparkle, overall bud appearance, and strong unique smells.
- Potency – American strains regularly produce buds with over 25% and some strains produce over 30% THC. Note: This isn’t always a good thing. At those levels, bud effects are often too intense for typical users (i.e. Platinum Cookies).
American laws are changing all the time, and it’s possible that banking will be legalized for state-legal cannabis companies, or the feds may reduce their restrictions on sending seeds through the mail. If that happens, we’ll see tons more American seed banks appear overnight.
TOP 9 BEST CANNABIS SEED BANKS 2022 (all ship to USA)
Definitive list of the best marijuana seed banks 2022. Buy cannabis seeds online at the best seed banks that ship to USA.
ILGM – Overall Best Marijuana Seed Bank USA 2022
I Love Growing Marijuana (ILGM) by Robert Bergman is a popular online marijuana seed bank that offers in-demand cannabis varieties for sale, complete with over 100 fem and auto seed packs. A great resource for beginner growers, the ILGM website contains more than 500 growing articles and 200 grow guides. ILGM seeds are frequently on sale and guaranteed to germinate. Delivery is also guaranteed—seeds are shipped daily from California to all U.S. states and arrive fast, within 2–10 days. Credit cards, debit cards, bank transfers, and cash payments are accepted, or pay by Bitcoin for a 10% discount. The 10,000+ ILGM reviews on kiyoh make a 9.1/10 total score, with 93% of customers recommending the seed bank. Shipping is free to the U.S. on all orders.
Seedsman – Best Seed Bank for the Money and Selection
Seedsman is a long-time trusted cannabis seed bank with a massive selection. Buy feminized seeds, regular seeds, and autoflowering seeds from 120+ top breeders at bargain prices. The Seedsman website is secure and well categorized to help you find the best marijuana seeds for your grow. Pay by credit card, debit card, bank transfer, cash, check, money order, or use Bitcoin for even greater discounts. Serving customers worldwide, Seedsman operates a U.S.-based shipping hub to ensure swift delivery throughout America. Stealthy packaging. Countless customer reviews rate Seedsman as the best marijuana seed bank for the money. Check the promotions page for the latest seed packs marked down in price.
Homegrown – Best Seed Bank for Feminized and Autoflowers
Homegrown Cannabis Co is an American marijuana seed bank based in California that’s gained notoriety for their exclusive in-house genetics and partnerships with industry figures and U.S. cannabis institutions. Find feminized, regular, and autoflower seeds for sale at low prices with frequent discounts. Every purchase earns you points towards rewards. Your seeds are shipped discreetly in crush-proof packaging with guaranteed delivery and germination, or else they get reshipped for free. Pay by credit card, debit card, bank transfer, cash, or Bitcoin for extras. Hundreds of Homegrown customer reviews on Trustpilot make a 4.6-star “Excellent” rating. Free shipping on all orders over $115.
Blimburn – Best Seed Bank for Fast Shipping USA
Blimburn seed bank carries a wide range of more than 700 strains for sale as feminized and autoflower seeds. With over 20 years in the cannabis industry, Blimburn has developed a catalog of high-THC, high-CBD, sativa, indica, hybrid, and sought-after American genetics. Buy marijuana seeds with PayPal, credit card, bank transfer, or cryptocurrency. Fast shipping to customers in the U.S.—orders arrive in just 2 to 4 working days. The seeds are sent in original packaging, and guaranteed to germinate. Earn store credit with your purchases for discounts. Over a hundred reviews of Blimburn on Trustpilot make a 4.4-star “Excellent rating”. Free shipping worldwide.
Herbies – Best Seed Bank for Stealth Shipping Worldwide
Herbies Seeds sells a large variety of the best cannabis strains from the most respected international cannabis seedbanks. Shop feminized, regular, and autoflower seeds for sale as singles and packs. Free cannabis seeds are sent with all orders. U.S. shipments arrive in approximately 5–8 days. Your seeds will be concealed in merchandise. For maximum confidentiality, choose stealth shipping at checkout. Pay with credit/debit card, bank transfer, or Bitcoin. Among the best seed banks for U.S. customers, Herbies Seeds has 4.8-star rating on reviews.io from 1,300+ customers. Incremental discount and bonus seeds deal.
Crop King – Best Seed Bank North of America
Crop King Seeds has been in the marijuana seed bank business for over 15 years selling marijuana seeds to customers around the world. 500 new varieties of feminized, regular, and autoflowering seeds make up the Crop King Seeds strain catalog—all sold under their own brand. Buy weed seeds online at Crop King Seeds today. Pay with Visa, MasterCard, or Bitcoin. The marijuana seeds are shipped discreetly and delivered fast, arriving in the U.S. within 2–7 business days. Many reviews rank Crop King Seeds as one of the best North American seed banks. Free shipping on all orders over $200.
Heritage – Best Seed Bank for American Breeders
Heritage is a new seed bank based in the U.S. that sells cannabis seeds from a number of cult American breeders, all in original packaging. Regular seeds make up the majority of products sold at Heritage, followed by feminized and a few autoflowers. Discounts are always on the menu, with BOGO, sales, and under $50 specials to shop from. Pay by Cash App, cash by mail, or Bitcoin. Delivery is guaranteed. If your seeds don’t germinate, Heritage will contact the breeder to get you a replacement. International orders are always packaged within another item for stealth—if you want this for your domestic order, opt for stealth shipping at checkout.
Seed City – Best Seed Bank for Rare Genetics
Seed City sells new and rare cannabis seeds from over 200 breeders. What sets Seed City apart is its niche breeders, option to pick your own free seeds, 22 language translations, and huge selection exceeding 7,000 single seeds with bulk as well. Pay by credit/debit card, bank transfer, cash, or use Bitcoin for a 10% discount. The seeds are shipped to every country in the world, including the United States, sent in crush-proof tubes, and concealed inside a gift. U.S. shipping takes about 7–15 days ’til delivery. More than 1,200 Seed City reviews on SeedFinder give the seed bank a nearly perfect rating. Sign up on the site for non-stop giveaways.
MSNL – Best Seed Bank for Wholesale Bulk
MSNL, dubbed the best marijuana seed bank since ’99, sells their own versions of over 200 popular cannabis strains. Buy regular, feminized, and autoflower seeds at affordable prices with recurrent sales and worldwide stealth delivery. MSNL has a wealth of positive reviews from satisfied customers. If you’re looking to purchase wholesale bulk cannabis seeds, MSNL may be the best seed bank for you. Accepted payment methods include credit/debit card, bank transfer, cash, international money order, and Bitcoin for 15% off. The seeds arrive discreetly packaged to U.S. addresses in 1–5 working days with express guaranteed shipping—spend over £150 (~$180) and you’ll get them sent for free.
What seeds to buy? When shopping for marijuana seeds online, you’ll notice that each product is labeled a certain way. Cannabis seed banks typically categorize seeds by sex, genetics, breeder, strain name, and plant traits.
Cannabis Seeds by Sex
|Regular seeds grow both male and female cannabis plants. The males are culled in sensimilla (seedless bud) production. Regular seeds are the best choice for breeders. They have sustained the cannabis genus through its natural evolution.
Read—Top 15 Best Regular Seeds
|Feminized seeds grow only female plants. This is accomplished by breeding two female cannabis plants together. The resulting seeds can only inherit two X chromosomes—meaning all female plants. Feminized seeds are great for growers with strict plant limits and for cloning. Read—Top 15 Best Feminized Seeds|
Cannabis Seeds by Genetics
|Sativa seeds grow tall plants with narrow leaves, elongated branches, and large colas. Sativa originates from subtropical/tropical zones, including Africa, Southeast Asia, South & Central America. The plants have a naturally long flowering cycle that’s often over 10 weeks. Resistant to molds and diseases, sativas are great outdoor climate strains. They can even grow over 15 feet tall! High THC and THCV content. People who enjoy a stimulating “head high” effect prefer sativa cannabis. Read—Top 25 Best Sativa Seeds|
|Indica seeds grow short plants with broad leaves, stocky branch structure, and dense buds. Indica originates from temperate zones such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, and Morocco. Traditionally used to make hash, indica cannabis is the real deal dank—super sticky and dense. Indica grows like a bush and can produce large yields in a small area. The plants have a fast flowering cycle. They may require a low humidity climate to avoid mold problems. High THC and CBD content. People who want a relaxing “body high” stone prefer indica cannabis. Read—Top 25 Best Indica Seeds|
|Hybrid seeds grow crossbreeds of indica and sativa in countless combinations. Hybrid cannabis seeds are able to grow tall sativa trees that produce the dank, heavy buds of an indica. Hybrid cannabis strains are by far the most popular category of cannabis seeds sold on the market today. They come in all different plant sizes, flowering times, yields, aroma, flavors, cannabinoid contents, and effects. Read—High Yield Seeds List|
Cannabis Seeds by Flowering Type
|Photoperiod seeds grow plants that flower according to day length (the hours of light in a 24-hour period). During long days, photoperiod cannabis plants grow in their vegetative cycle. When daylight hours decrease, they transition to flowering. This reaction allows growers to control their plants’ vegetative growth and bloom cycles by altering day length. Available in regular and feminized, photoperiod seeds are considered the standard flowering type, and may not be labeled as such. Read—22 Best Marijuana Strains 2022|
|Autoflowering seeds, aka autos, grow plants that flower automatically (non-photoperiod). The seeds may be either feminized or regular. Autoflowering varieties are made with ruderalis genetics, resulting in plants that will bloom under any amount of light—including 24 hours/day. Auto strains stay short and finish their life cycle fast, some at under 60 days from seed. They benefit from long days to produce maximum harvest weight. The plants can be spaced closely, as in SOG or SCROG cultivation methods. Read—Top 15 Best Autoflowering Seeds|
Cannabis seeds are also categorized by their unique traits such as high THC strains, high CBD strains, high yield strains, landrace genetic strains, inbred line strains, award-winning strains, and more.
Read—Mold Resistant Seeds
What’s the best way to pay?
Valid payment methods include secure debit card and credit card processing, check or postal money order, cash in mail, bank account deposit/wire or ACH transfer (Cash App, Venmo, Wise, Zelle, etc.), and the preferred option—Bitcoin.
Using Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies is the safest option available for buying cannabis seeds online. It’s also a great way to get bigger discounts and additional free seeds with your order.
Can I use prepaid credit cards or cash-fill cards?
If you’re a U.S.-based customer, you need to know that certain American prepaid (cash-fill) cards cannot be used with international merchants and payment processors. Paying for your order by prepaid card might not work.
Can I get seeds sent to my state in the U.S.?
Every one of the best seed banks on this list provides swift and discreet shipping, delivering seeds to all fifty states of the U.S. Your parcel is rapidly dispatched via express mail services. Check the seed bank’s shipping/delivery information page for more specific details.
What will my bank statement show?
Charges made through your bank are discreet by not including words such as “seed”, “cannabis”, “marijuana”, etc. Contact the seed bank company for a more direct explanation regarding their payment processing.
Is my payment information safe from online theft?
You can verify a secure connection by looking at the site’s SSL certificate, indicated by a closed padlock in your browser’s address bar. An SSL secure checkout encrypts your payment data, protecting you from online cyber theft while you make a purchase.
⚠️Beware of scams and fake seed banks
Reputation goes a long way in the cannabis community, and rip-off scam artists get called out quickly. Here’s a review list containing over 100 seed bank websites that customers comment on freely.
The WORST cannabis seed banks
will not reply to inquiries
sell non-authentic seed varieties
send bunk or old seeds
refuse refunds or reshipment
use non-secure payment processing
late or no delivery of seeds
The BEST cannabis seed banks
provide a working telephone number with a real support team
sell authentic seed varieties from breeders
send properly maintained seeds in good condition
provide terms of refund or reshipment
use an SSL-secured checkout
deliver seeds on time
Additional links & resources – Seedsman
Disclaimer: Know your countries laws and regulations before purchasing cannabis seeds online. Many seed banks sell cannabis seeds as collectibles, souvenirs, or for scientific study purposes. Germination of seeds in conflict with your federal and local laws is strictly prohibited. We do not advocate breaking any laws.